TVFC held their annual awards banquet Saturday evening March 28 at the Holiday Inn, Lansdale
Friday, April 3, 2015
April 3, 2015
Dean K. Miller
Public Information Officer
Towamencin Volunteer Fire Company (TVFC) held their annual awards banquet Saturday evening March 28 at the Holiday Inn, Lansdale. The event recognized the contributions of their members and celebrated 65 years of community service. The evening was hosted by Company President Kendra Dewey and Fire Chief George Seifert.
- Two men received recognition for their 50 Years of Service. Awards and gifts were given to Glenn Kriebel and Walter West. Both men have continued to serve actively since 1965, and still contribute daily to the company. West currently serves as Chairman of the history committee, Kriebel most recently served on the Board of Directors. Both West and Kriebel were accompanied by their families including their firefighting sons, Steve West and Dave Kriebel, respectively.
- 10 year Service Awards were given to Firefighters Jason Adams, Richard Baruffi, David Grubel, Edward Horvath, and Jeff Schoppe.
- The Fire Police recognized Martha Foote, a life member of the Ladies auxiliary, with a gift for her work maintaining the uniforms of the fire police unit.
- The PT Boltz Award, named in memory of Philip T Boltz, a longtime member who was an outspoken proponent of firefighter training and fire prevention education to the community, was presented to Firefighter Thomas Brun.
- The Chiefs Award, from outgoing Fire Chief Al Staehle, was presented to Charlie Speacht for his assistance in maintaining equipment and handling daily, routine fire station duties.
- The 2014 Firefighter of the Year Award was presented to Lieutenant Matthew Hickman. Hickman was chosen by his peers for his exemplary service to the department including efforts establishing duty nights for the company.
- A Life Saving Award was received by Firefighter / Safety Officer Robert Stratton his role in the saving of a life on the PA Turnpike at a crash in May of 2014. Stratton was one of the first to arrive and worked directly with a paramedic from Harleysville EMS to place a tourniquet on a victim to stop severe bleeding. The presentation to Stratton recognized him as “a veteran firefighter, whose display of skill and expertise, practiced ability, training, and thorough knowledge served to directly save the life of his fellow man.
- President Dewey, Chief Seifert and Ladies Auxiliary President Cathy Greth recognized the following, former company officers that served in 2014 including:
- Al Staehle, Fire Chief
- Mike Thompson, Company President
- Jeff Schoppe, Relief Association Secretary
- Dave Grubel, Chief Engineer
- Jeanette Thompson, Ladies Auxiliary President
- Katrina Little, Ladies Auxiliary Vice President
- Wendy Grubel, Ladies Auxiliary Secretary
- The entire department was recognized and commended by the current, and former, fire chiefs of TVFC for the “daily commitment and dedication of our incredible and remarkable fire company, not only for a job well done, but for your commitment to our craft of fire and rescue work.” Each member was presented a small gift to recognize their service in 2014.
The evening concluded with dancing and fellowship between the firefighters, their guests, and the guests of the company. The company would like to thank the Perseverance Fire Company of Souderton for standing by during the evening.